Mead's Tavern in New London, Virginia
Located in the community of New London in Campbell County, Virginia, Mead’s Tavern is believed to be the oldest standing structure in Central Virginia. Since it was first constructed in 1763, the building has served as a tavern, a girls' school, a doctor's office, an insurance office, and a private residence. In 2012, it was purchased by the Friends of New London as part of their mission to preserve the history of what was once the county seat for Bedford County, Virginia. In 2015, FNL sold the property to Liberty University. Since then, it has been the subject of investigation and research by archaeologists and architectural historians who are learning more each day about the history of the building and what it might tell us about the history of New London. At each stage, history students from Liberty University are directly involved in the research and interpretation of this property.
Apr 2, 2019
Made with Tour Creator
Works with Google Expeditions