Hickory Hill, located in Thomson, was built in 1865. House of Representative member (1890), Populist Party founder and presidential candidate (1896) and Senator (1920) Thomas E. Watson purchased the house and several hundred acres of land surrounding it in 1898. He renovated it adding indoor bathrooms and electrical lighting. Today, the house is a museum that is dedicated to educating visitors about Watson’s accomplishments as politician, lawyer, farmer, writer and innovator.
Credits: Thomson High School#LoveWhereYouLive
Credits: Thomson High School