Some behind-the-scenes notes:
• I used the Tilt Brush "mirror" tool to paint the figures simultaneously.
• Rendering figures, having the shades of skin blend from one color to another takes a LOT of time and effort, but the results are remarkable!
• Unlike the previous Klimt piece, I didn't frame this one. The Dos Frida piece is usually presented in such a way where the viewer is separated from her piece and I wanted to break the barrier for this one. They are a bit larger than life, and invite the viewer to go in and see them up close, particularly the details of the heart. These are things you can do in VR paintings that you can't do with masterpieces hanging in a museum!
• I have the ground tilted at an angle as the perspective of the original painting is exaggerated, too.
• My favorite was painting the European/light dress!
For a video + commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYXd_7voo-0
Thank you to SoulPancake and VRScout for this collaboration!