The Vollan Guesthouse was opened for the first time on 4th July 1948 by founder Gudrun “Guri” Lydersen. Guri opened the guesthouse after purchasing the property from the Norwegian State for 12,000 kroner in 1946. This was a formidable achievement for a widow with 6 children. The building was originally built by the Germans during World War II and used as an officer’s mess hall. The oldest part of the cafe, with its prominent fireplace, appears essentially as it did originally. Over the course of 70 years, numerous renovations and additions have been made to provide even better quality of service and food. We maintain our service heritage and identity both through our food, comfortable and welcoming interiors and hospitable service.
-Cafe and 4 function rooms for up to 180 places
-32 hotel rooms & 8 studio apartments ( total of 74 beds)
-4 meeting rooms (8 – 100 people)
-Licenced bar with seating for 25
-Traditional heritage and home produced food