Launch Complex 34 - Landscape
Launch Complex 34 of the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (Figure 212) was constructed between June 1959 and February 1961, and is associated with the Saturn 1 and Saturn 1B missile test flights and two Apollo program launches including the tragic Apollo 1 launch rehearsal fire and the successful Apollo 7 mission. In November of 1971, the Complex was deactivated following the construction of Launch Complex 39, and two years later it was abandoned (Hinder 2003d:19-20). In April 1984, the Complex was included as part of a National Historic Landmark District designation for multiple Launch Complex facilities located on the CCAFS (National Park Service and United States Air Force 1983).
Zoomable to 3D models.
About the model: 3D models derived from terrestrial laser scan data are georeferenced here to aerial LiDAR data with image drape.
Hinder, Kimberley. 2003. 2003d Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Launch Complex 34. Report submitted to the National Park Service, Southeast Region, Department of the Interior, Atlanta.
National Park Service (NPS). 1983 Cape Canaveral Air Force Station National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form. Nomination form on file with the National Park Service, United States Department of Interior, Washington D.C.
Apr 9, 2019
HistoryUploaded 3D Model
Public / Not remixable