The Lukang Longshan Temple is the largest temple in the Township of Lukang and is one of the most revered Buddhist temples in Taiwan. Originally built in the 17th century near the historic port canal, the temple was moved to its present site in 1786. Recognized as an important national heritage site by the Taiwanese Ministry of Culture, the 9,600 square foot complex consists of four main structures; the Main Gate, Hall of the Five Gates, Main Hall and Rear hall along with two enclosed yards. The temple houses a shrine to the Bodhisattva Guanyin, goddess of mercy and compassion and remains a popular place of worship for Mahayana Buddhists. The temple is also known for containing a myriad of impressive architectural features including many painted murals, woodcarvings, including the largest caisson or spiderweb wooden ceiling in Taiwan and two carved granite columns shaped like dragons.
Feb 28, 2019
Culture & HumanityUploaded 3D Model
Public / Not remixable