The 1970s in Los Angeles marked a time of unprecedented architectural exploration, and the structures left in its wake are some of the finest examples of that creative spirit. This virtual tour explores ten sites that help define the legacy of the 1970s.
This tour is part of the L.A. Conservancy’s ‘70s Turn 50 initiative. A program exploring the 1970’s lasting imprint on L.A. County’s built environment. To learn more about the initiative please visit https://www.laconservancy.org/curating-city-70s-turn-50
Use the gear icon in the upper right corner to enable voice narration.
Click on the L.A. Conservancy Pillar above to view our other virtual tours.
Los Angeles Conservancy
523 W. Sixth St., Suite 826,
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Phone: (213) 623-2489
Credits: Architect(s) and Year Constructed; 1976, Craig Ellwood Associates, 1976, John Portman and Associates, 1975,Cesar Pelli and Norma Merrick Sklarek for Gruen Associates, 1977,Willis Fagan and Frank Thornton, 1972, Anthony Lumsden, 1975,Minoru Yamasaki, 1970, A.C. Martin and Associates, 1976, Architect Unknown, 1925, G. Whitecross Ritchie, ; Photos curtesy of Anthony Rubano, and Adrian Scott Fine/L.A. Conservancy